Thursday, May 7, 2009

Job hunt, 2

Okay, I have applied to 17 companies in all and so far, 2 came back as under consideration.. at least, out of the hundreds that have applied, I’ve been noticed. (See! There’s hope!) I know I have a competitive resume but the weakness in it was my experience. I have no formal experience in work. I used to work for a photo shop every summer from 5th grade to 3rd year high. I was an all around helper in that shop. I process digital photos using a desktop, I also mix chemicals for the printer and film processor, became a sales clerk, cashier, printer technician, film processor, I even mop on my free time. But the best part was the free lunch and dinner. The pay is relatively high and I get a bonus for every 20 film rolls that we process. Back then, 60 rolls was an ordinary day for us, 100-160 rolls on weekends. So on sundays and saturdays, my bonus is bigger than my daily wage. Our manager was very loose on giving bonuses on their employees, we even eat out in fancy restaurants every sunday night. Somehow I miss those days when I don’t even take my work very seriously and tasks were easy. Maybe because I consider it as a ‘play’ rather than work. Well, I just hope that I will also feel that way on my future job.

It has been raining all day and it has been raining hard. I was supposed to personally visit one or two companies that I’ve applied to but the weather kept me from doing  so and should I insist on doing so, I’ll just get stuck in heavy traffic. Hmm.. I just hope to hear from companies soon, I really need a job. I’m broke. Haha! But seriously, I’m almost at the brink of bankruptcy. Nah, would be overstating it. What I would really like to say is that I’ve been using my savings. Who uses their savings?(jobless people like me, haha!). I should not be calling it savings if I’m using it, right?

Anyway, for those who has been having a hard time getting a job, you are not alone. Just be smart in using your savings to survive. If you are really determined in getting out of that mud pit, you will. Keep your friends close for moral support and they might remember that they owe you money and pay you right there and then, like in my case. Haha! =)

LiveJournal Tags: ,

1 comment:

me said...

Hang in there...you WILL get one of those jobs! Shine baby shine!! =)

*hugs*